A Italia!

A Italia!
The flag in the bottom right is where I am!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Venice

Last week I returned to Venice to visit my friend from Germany. We spent the week either relaxing or going to see things in the area. One day we met with the students who are going on exchange next year. The next day we went to Venice and I got to see Saint Mark's Square in more detail. We toured the Palazzo Ducale (and the Bridge of Sighs), the Basilica, and we went to the top of the bell tower. Unfortunately, it was raining so the view wasn't optimal, but it was still beautiful! When the weather got nice we went to Jesolo, where there's the beach and a water park. For most of the day we were at the water park (which was luckily not crowded at all) and after that we caught the end of the USA world cup game.
On my last day we went to see Venice for the last time but it was raining really hard so we didn't get to see much. However, my American friend that I haven't seen since the day we arrived in Italy came with us so we got to catch up. Since then, I've been relaxing at home and every so often going out with friends. It's been abnormally cold up until yesterday so I haven't been able to go to the beach or in the pool, but this week hopefully the weather will be nice enough and I'll have a good last two weeks.
See you all soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hopy you will be happy, just at the backyard pool.