A Italia!

A Italia!
The flag in the bottom right is where I am!

Monday, May 10, 2010

San Nicola

Happy Mother's Day to everyone and Happy San Nicola!
This weekend, in the town where I go to school, Maglie, they had their Patron Saint's festival (San Nicola). Last night I was at the festival with my friends from school and I was expecting to see something typical Italian, but it turned out that it was almost exactly like the Marshfield Fair.... with rides and everything! There was the thing that spins really fast and all those types of fair rides. I went on the Tagada (the spinning one) and the Frisbee, which was like a thing that swings back and forth and spins at the same time (like the Freak Out at the Marshfield Fair). It was lots of fun! Then if you walk down to the Square where the school is, it was all lit up with all kinds of lights and there are little markets selling whatever it is you could possibly want. Then as we were leaving they set off fireworks... basically, a pleasant night and it reminded me a lot of times at the Marshfield Fair.... it was actually quite strange too because it was almost the same thing, except I was with all Italians instead of Americans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you too. Happy Mothers day