A Italia!

A Italia!
The flag in the bottom right is where I am!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Easter in Italy

At the beginning of the month we celebrated Easter here in Italy. It wasn't very exciting though... On Sunday we went to mass in the morning and ate lunch at the grandmother's house. The tradition here on Easter is to eat lamb and then for dessert a chocolate egg...and after Easter we had 4 chocolate eggs at our house (and they're huge too!)! The day after Easter is much more exciting, the Italians usually go with their friends in the countryside or to the beach and have a picnic. I went to the sea with my assistant from AFS and my chinese friends. We stopped at thies place by the sea and we were quite high up and there was a tower, at this point you can see the eastern-most point of Italy, so beautiful!
Now we're back at school and life's pretty normal, tomorrow is Labor day so it'll be a "long" weekend of two days... wow! :) Then on Sunday I'm going to see Matera, a city in the region of Basilicata a little further north (this is the city where some scenes from the Passion of the Christ were filmed). Happy May... which me luck because it's starting to get quite hot here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to see pictures of the basilicata. Do the Italians know why there is an "Easter Monday"